Story Book Favorites





Keeping Up with Parvati

I thought that "Keeping up with Parvati" was such a cute take on this goddess. Making her completely relatable to our generation and how we go about viewing people who have a heightened status is truly comical. I love that is it told from a first-person perspective so obviously, it will be one-sided which makes it all the more fun.  The reader gets to decide to either love or hate Parvati and whichever is achieved allows the author to know that they did a fantastic job with characterization. This one by far was my favorite. I wanted to keep reading to see what happened next, all the drama that was to unfold.




Gods and Goddesses of India
I am not well versed in the Hindu gods and goddesses. I've enjoyed my fair share of Greek, Roman, Norse, and even Egyptian myth so I was excited to dive into the world of Hindu deities. I think it was very smart of this person to choose three tales to center on out of the twenty or so they could've used. I'm sure it gave their writing a very nice concise depiction of what they were going for. I'm excited to do more research into these gods and how all their stories intertwine.

Battle for the skies: Indra, Zeus, and Thor
This one I also really enjoyed because of its "cross universal" take. It would be as if the justice league met the avengers and maybe throw sky high in there for laughs. Another thing that sparked my interest was the setting is a world where Zeus and Thor share the skies but a young up comer causes chaos to unfold. This theme plays on what the reader probably knows some about and then teaches them what they don't know in a very fun way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to 24

Week 9 Story: Diary: River flows in Me